CLOSING SPEECH BY
YBHG. TAN SRI AZMAN HASHIM,
CHAIRMAN OF MALAYSIA PRODUCTIVITY CORPORATION (MPC) AT THE
ANNUAL PRODUCTIVITY & INNOVATION CONFERENCE (APIC) 2015
4 NOVEMBER 2015 (WEDNESDAY), SUNWAY RESORT HOTEL AND SPA
YB Dato’ Lee Chee Leong,
Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry (MITI)
MPC Board of Directors and Consultative Panels
Y. Berbahagia Dato’ Mohd Razali Hussain,
Director-General of MPC
Honoured Guests, Ladies & Gentlemen,
Assalamualaikum and Salam Sejahtera.
1. I am pleased to welcome all of you to the Annual Productivity and Innovation Conference (APIC) 2015. I thank YB Dato’ Lee Chee Leong for allocating time from his busy schedule to be with us here this evening.
2. I would also like to thank all participants of the APIC 2015 for your presence. With a gathering of about 2000 people, this conference has provided networking and knowledge enhancing platforms for all participants. APIC is an event to discover innovative ways to improve the methods in which we work, think and prepare our mind-sets towards meeting the demands of an ever changing environment.
3. MPC has worked relentlessly with stakeholders and various industry leaders to prepare a platform that enables minds to edge towards advancing skill sets at the workplace and nurture innovation in ways that would raise productivity, efficacy, as well as cost savings.
4. Being part of Team Excellence, the Innovative Creative Circles (ICC) and Quality Environment (QE) exercise are in itself a reflection of your ability to contribute to your organisation and the nation. Although not all can be winners, what matters more is your participation. The programmes enable one to reap benefits, from lessons on how to present ideas to ways in which to make a compelling point stand. With MPC as the catalyst backdrop, our intent is to steer creative and innovative minds in the right direction continuously.
5. I am also pleased that a total of 218 circles from both the public and private sectors took part in this year’s APIC. The recorded total savings from the 218 projects are about RM196M. SYABAS to all the teams for this great effort.
6. I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Malaysian delegates led by MPC who have done Malaysia proud in International Team Excellence events; such as,
The International Exposition on Team Excellence (IETEX) 2015, Singapore where Puncak Niaga Holdings Berhad and the Malaysian Armed Forces won Platinum Award while Pusat Perubatan UKM (PPKUM) achieved the Gold Award;
The World Conference on Quality and Improvement (WCQI) held in Nashville, USA where the winning organisations were
Sime Darby and Badan Kehakiman Syariah Johor Bahru. Sime Darby also won the ‘Best All Around Presentation and Speaking Skills’ award; and
The International Convention on Quality Control Circle (ICQCC) at Gyeongnam, Korea where Malaysia has 33 successful teams clenching 13 Gold Awards, 12 Silver Awards and 8 Bronze Awards.
Ladies & gentlemen,
7. With the formalisation of the ASEAN Economic Community by end of 2015, numerous initiatives have been emplaced for more competitive trade, movement of labour, goods and services. Malaysians would need to be well-prepared for the impending borderless business competitions among member countries. Through KAIZEN principles, we must continuously strive for improvements as shown by the projects presented in APIC 2015. We should be persistent in the quest for excellence and push the frontier whenever opportunity knocks.
8. The competition and awards at APIC serves as a win – win situation for all. Regardless of the results, the fact that you have striven to this point with unrelenting determination indicates that you are a winner in your own right. My advice to you is to stay positive. MPC is here to assist, nurture and inspire productivity enhancing innovations to widen your horizons.
9. Participations at both local and international level events provide priceless exposures, experience and learning lessons. It is indeed a holistic growth process. By meeting, mingling and exchanging ideas, we are readily open to introspection and change our thought processes accordingly.
Ladies & gentlemen,
10. I would like to thank all participants for your valuable contributions and commitment. I am confident that APIC serves as an impetus towards the enhancement of creativity, productivity and innovation in Malaysia. Once again, I thank everyone for the efforts, collaboration, support and teamwork in making APIC 2015 a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you in APIC 2016.
11. It is now my pleasure to invite the Honourable Minister of International Trade and Industry II, YB Dato’ Lee Chee Leong to deliver his speech.
Last updated on : 2015-11-06 09:12:57