Definitions of the Information Tool Box Project:
- The Agro-food Productivity Nexus, under the management of Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC), is a development initiative under the mandate of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Malaysia. This initiative focuses on the productivity development in building connectivity of the agrofood supply chain.
- Agro-food productivity include all the supply chain activities in production/cultivation and processing, and retailing of agrofood; including crops, poultry, livestock and fisheries.
- The objective of the Information Tool Box website is to:
- Enable easy, free, fast and ubiquitous accessibility to the Malaysian agrofood information to increase the stakeholders competitiveness and productivity of their businesses
- Empower the users who are all the stakeholders of the agrofood supply chain in Malaysia – the supply chain stakeholders are those involved in the activities even before the production (i.e. suppliers) right up to after retail (i.e. end users).
- Include information, such as historic knowledge-based/records, current data/news, and future intelligence/predictions. Agrofood information includes the field of production, distribution, consumption, sustainability and environment
- Act as a Tool Box that depicts the “technician at work where he has a sufficient collection of appropriate tools and manuals to perform his work quickly, effectively and profitably”
- The design should depict the definitions, functions and values of the Information Tool Box project