Case study is one of the several approaches of sharing research findings. It is an extensive study of a single company, community, incident or a subject matter of interest. Case study provides a systematic evaluation of events, collecting data, analysing the information and reporting the results. It is an important training tool for management training and group discussions as they provide readers with useful techniques in analysing complex business issues, strategies and practices for effective business problem-solving and decision making.
Case Study Clearing House (CSCH)
Realising the importance of learning and sharing of best practices through case study, a Case Study Clearing House Division (CSCH) was established by MPC towards the end of 2009 as part of the government’s effort to transform the economy into a new economic dimension based on innovation, creativity and high value activities. Learning through case study is unique as it is based on actual company and real life experiences for any reader to instantly adopt and implement the best practices learned.
Vision of CSCH Division
- Develop MPC as a reference centre on case studies in the areas of Productivity, Quality, Competitiveness and Innovation;
- Generating management case studies in the above-mentioned core areas through collaboration with MPC partners;
- Promoting and facilitating case study based learning;
- Establishing, maintaining and administration of case studies repository and web portal
Units under CSCH
- Case Study Development Unit (CSD)
- Organising case study programmes, developing case studies and maintaining a pool of case study experts and writers for purpose of developing new cases and dissemination of the research findings.
- Case Study Portal Unit (CSP)
- Develop, maintain and manage case study repository and promoting its usage through the web portal.
Case Study Publication
CSCH has produced few case studies and case experiences throughout year 2009. The following latest case study publications are available for public access. These publications aim to generate wider outreach by disseminating and sharing some of the best practices observed by some of the respondent companies in their pursuit towards excellence.
|Measuring Up:” Managing Organisational Excellence: Cases on P&Q Management” ||Measuring Up: “Case Book on Transformation, Innovation and Partnership” |
| || |
Other case study publication includes Enhancing Total Factor Productivity (TFP) in Agro-Based Industry: Company Practices Using Skim Amalan Ladang Baik Malaysia (SALM) (also available in Bahasa Malaysia version). This SALM publication highlights some of the cases of farmers who had successfully got their farms to be certified with SALM certification issued by the Department of Agriculture (DOA) Malaysia.
|Enhancing Total Factor Productivity (TFP) |
in Agro-Based Industry:
Company Practices Using Skim Amalan Ladang Baik Malaysia (SALM)
|Meningkatkan Faktor Produktiviti |
Menyeluruh (FPM) di dalam Industri Asas Tani:
Amalan Organisasi Menggunakan Skim Amalan Ladang Baik Malaysia (SALM)
| || |
Softcopies or hardcopies of the above-mentioned publications can be obtained by contacting the following officers:-
Mr. Fred Lew
Case Study Development Unit
Business Transformation Department
Phone: D.L: 03-79600126, 03-79557266 ext: 566