KALUMPANG RESORT & TRAINING CENTRE
18 – 20 MARCH 2010
1. The lunch of 2010 as Malaysia’s Inovation and Creativity Year is seen as a start to the government’s efforts in culcating innovation as part of our culture. The lunch is more towards culturing innovation to enable the community to improve the economy and be more competitive.In Budget 2010, a new economic model based on innovation, creativity and value-added activities would multiply the people`s per capita income in the next 10 years.
2. “Innovation – Where Creative Ideas Take Shape”; Creativity is Coming Up With Ideas; Innovation is Bringing Ideas To Life!” "When we talk about innovation, we must think of something new... we must improve ourselves, then we can make our life simple, more effective, more efficient. "If we do not change now, our country will be left behind in various aspsects. Look at the developed nations like Japan, Korea, United States and the European countries. They progressed because of innovation. If we are not innovative, we will be left behind,"
3. “Kem Inovasee” - A Special 3-Day 2-Night Camp designed and developed in collaboration with the Malaysian Association of Creativity & Innovation (MACRI) and Malaysia Productivity Corporation. (A 2-Hour Session conducted 3 months after the camp, at Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam.) (Program Outline – please refer attachement). Recently, 4 days (4-5 & 8-9 March) program on Creativity and Innovation entitled “Purple Beach” was organized with the collaboration of MACRI (25 participants).
4. This special Camp is designed by MACRI to help working adults learn and embrace Creativity & Innovation, a crucial tool today that will transform workers into performers. This one-of-its-kind Program will help to equip the individual to thrive, instead of just to survive, in today’s competitive and globalized environment.
5. The objectives of the programme:
- To expose camp participants to the fundamentals of Creativity & Innovation, through a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical application of Creativity & Innovation.
- To convince camp participants that they too can be Creative & Innovative, and at the same time, to inspire them to apply these skills in their workplace.
- To enhance secondary social skills of camp participants vis-à-vis in the areas of working and solving problems together, sharing of insights and ideas with each other, etc.
6. Training Methodologies - Group Assignments & Presentations, Interactive Lectures, Outdoor Activities and Games.
7. Facilitators - the program will be conducted by experienced Facilitators from MACRI(5 Members).
8. Participants - 30 participants from various organisations (private and public sector). Organisations are:
- Hicom Yamaha Manufacturing Sdn Bhd
- Sipro Plastic Industries Sdn Bhd
- Madetill Industries (M) Sdn Bhd
- KPJ ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital
- Kementerian Pelajaran Malaysia
- Ingress Technologies Sdn Bhd
- Universiti Teknologi Mara
- Hicom Engineering Sdn Bhd
- Selia-Tek Industries Sdn Bhd
- Perodua Manufacturing Sdn Bhd
- Proton Tanjung Malim Sdn Bhd
- Masasinar Holding Sdn Bhd
- Kulitkraf Sdn Bhd
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Berhad
- Sipro Plastic Industries Sdn Bhd
- One Tech (M) Industries Sdn Bhd
- KPJ Ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital
- Felda Agricultural Services Sdn Bhd
* 9 = TQM Model Company (SMEs)
* 16 = ICC Organisations (Private and Public Sectors)
* 7 = MPC Officers
9. Planning to organize the program at regional level – Penang, Johor Bahru, Kuantan, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.
10. The outcome of the program – every participant will be able to share their knowledge, skills and experiences on Creativity and Innovation with other members in their organisation.