In line with the national economic agenda to transform Malaysia into a high income economy status by 2020, the Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC) has re-aligned its functions to meet the objectives of the New Economic Model (NEM) and the Tenth Malaysia Plan (2011-2015). To achieve the desired objectives and outcomes, one of the core functions of MPC is to undertake regulatory review of business regulations, especially focusing on a few key growth engines identified as the National Key Economic Areas (NKEAs).
The main functions of Regulatory Review in MPC are to:
- Undertake regulatory review on business regulations with regards to processes, procedures and rules in order to facilitate the ease of doing business in Malaysia;
- Analyze international best practices on regulatory review which are suitable to be adapted in Malaysia;
- Inculcate the culture of best practices on methods, techniques and processes on regulatory review to promote the development of better regulation;
- Organize programs and activities on specific issues that require smart regulation to increase productivity and enhance the competitiveness of Malaysia;
- Network with local and international organizations involved in regulatory review activities, for effective review process.