UCAPAN PERASMIAN OLEH
YANG BERHORMAT DATO’ SERI ONG KA CHUAN
MENTERI PERDAGANGAN ANTARABANGSA DAN INDUSTRI II
DI MAJLIS PERASMIAN BULAN PRODUKTIVITI
TARIKH: 1 OKTOBER 2015
TEMPAT: KOMPLEKS PERDANA SISWA
UNIVERSITI MALAYA, KL
MASA: 9.00 PAGI – 10.00 PAGI
Salam 1Malaysia dan Salam Sejahtera,
YBhg. Tan Sri Datuk Mustafa Mansur,
Ahli Lembaga Pengarah Perbadanan Produktiviti
YBhg. Profesor Datuk’ Dr. Rohana Yusof,
Timbalan Naib Canselor, Universiti Malaya.
YBhg. Dato’ Mohd Razali Hussain,
Ketua Pengarah Perbadanan Produktiviti Malaysia (MPC).
Pensyarah-pensyarah, pelajar-pelajar, wakil daripada
industri, rakan-rakan media dan para hadirin yang
1. Saya amat gembira kerana kita dapat bersama-sama pada Majlis Pelancaran Bulan Produktiviti 2015 dan On-line Business Academy UM. Acara ini bertujuan memupuk budaya produktiviti di kalangan rakyat Malaysia terutamanya di kalangan pelajar universiti dan para belia.
2. Saya difahamkan acara ini turut disaksikan oleh hadirin di Sabah, Sarawak, Pulau Pinang, Pahang dan Johor melalui live streaming yang dianggarkan berjumlah 2,000 orang peserta.
Ladies & Gentlemen,
3. We live in an increasingly competitive global environment. The rapid advances in technology and the swift strides made by the transportation industry have literally shrunk the world. Goods, people and ideas move around the planet at a dizzying speed. In this digital era, the only sure path to prosperity for nations, businesses and individuals lies in innovation and rising productivity.
4. The Government is fully aware of what is needed to achieve our aspiration of becoming a developed nation by 2020. Under the Government and Economic Transformation Programmes, the Government crafted several policies and reviewed procedures to maintain Malaysia`s economic momentum. The Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and its agencies were given the mandate to ensure that the productivity and competitiveness of our home-grown businesses keep pace with the changing times. We are fully focused on this task, and Malaysia`s high rankings in global surveys regarding productivity are testament to our determination to succeed.
Ladies & Gentlemen,
5. We are well aware that Malaysia`s future prosperity rests on a foundation that is not just strong, but inclusive and progressive. In particular, it must include the younger generation. Our youth must be given the opportunity to shape the future that they will one day inherit. In this context, I believe that among you today are several who may well go on to become the nation`s leaders and captains of industry.
6. It is with this objective in mind that the Government has put in place the National Youth Policy to unleash the potential of our young, creative and talented people through capacity building, education, skills training, entrepreneurship, sports and volunteerism.
7. The Government has also implemented three pilot projects for the 1Malaysia Youth City in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak. And in the Eleventh Malaysia Plan, the 1Malaysia Youth City programme will be upgraded even further with the implementation of a comprehensive ecosystem. This will enable our youth to enhance their capabilities and advance themselves in jobs and become successful entrepreneurs while enjoying recreational facilities and housing.
8. However, the Government can only put in place policies, provide the facilities and resources and do the exhorting. Ultimately, it is up to our youth to ensure that they grasp the opportunities that are offered. Doing so will require hard work, tenacity, dedication. And, of course, passion. Perhaps, this is best exemplified by this excerpt from a speech the late Steve Jobs of Apple delivered at Stanford University in 2005. He said:
“Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going [after being fired from Apple] was that I loved what I did. You’ve got to find what you love ….
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking.
Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.”
Hadirin yang dihormati sekalian,
9. Pada hari ini, kita berkumpul untuk Majlis PelancaranBulan Produktiviti. Bulan Produktiviti merupakan satu lambang yang menunjukkan komitmen dalam memastikan kita dikehendaki produktif sepanjang masa, dan semua kerja yang dihasilkan perlu berkualiti tinggi. Bulan Produktiviti ini perlu dihayati oleh setiap rakyat Malaysia dan tidak seharusnya dibiarkan berlalu begitu sahaja tanpa membawa sebarang perubahan yang bermakna.
10. Saya percaya melalui program-program yang telah diatur oleh MPC sepanjang bulan Oktober di seluruh negara,dengan kerjasama agensi swasta dan Kerajaan akan memberi kesan dan faedah untuk kita bersamameningkatkan produktiviti dan daya saing negara.
11. Dengan ini, saya dengan sukacitanya merasmikan Bulan Produktiviti 2015 dan On-line Business Academy UM.
Sekian, terima kasih.
Last updated on : 2015-10-10 13:50:01